UWGN COVID -19 RESPONSE
The World Health Organization has declared the worldwide outbreak of the Coronavirus a pandemic, with over 67,000 deaths and several confirmed cases in Nigeria.
This sudden rise of the Coronavirus has caused severe panic and social disruptions leading Governments to impose complete lockdowns globally.
As millions of people are affected by the lockdown and businesses are closing, unemployment is spiking. Getting food and finding basic amenities are tougher than ever before.
Based on the needs assessments, United Way Nigeria is launching a COVID-19 Response Fund to support affected families with access to these basic amenities.
The immediate areas of humanitarian support include the following:
- Personal Protective Equipment for Health Workers: (gloves, face masks, overalls, face shields, shoe covers).
- Recruitment and training of additional health workers
- Hygiene Kits For the Community: (Face masks, Soaps, Detergents, Hand Sanitizers).
- Awareness campaigns: (Telecommunications jingles, messaging in different languages).
- Food items For the Community: (Rice, Oil, Cooking Ingredients).
- Logistics support.
Join United Way Greater Nigeria in standing with our communities and supporting those impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak in their time of need. Together, we will overcome this pandemic by making sure the most vulnerable among us are protected.
Thank you for your decision to donate.